Extreme Water Damage in San Antonio, TX
A toilet water supply line break caused this home to flood in San Antonio, TX. SERVPRO of Stone Oak was called in to clean up the water damage and help make it "Like it never even happened."
The plumbing industry is in agreement that high quality stainless steel toilet supply lines are much more durable and less likely to break as opposed to rubber toilet supply lines. Keep this in mind when evaluating the current condition of your toilet supply lines.
Water Damage Loss Prevention and Maintenance Tips: Toilets
- Inspect the water supply line hoses every 6 months.
- If the bowl or tank begins to overflow, turn off the water at the supply valve.
- The fill valve should shut off when the float reaches the proper water level.
- Ensure the connection to the valve is secure.
- Operate the valve to make sure the water supply will shut off. Replace if needed.