All About Mold
Mold can be a sneaky, invisible, intruder, growing behind and around what you can see on the surface. Exposure to mold can cause allergies, skin irritation, and a host of other health problems. If you don’t know very much about what you’re up against, here are some basic facts about mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Common Types of mold are:
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Mold remediation is a serious job that is best handled by the results of a professional mold inspector, followed up by a licensed mold remediation specialist. A home owner is unlikely to have access to all of the specialized equipment needed to complete such a task. With specialized equipment used and the expertise shown by the professional team at SERVPRO of Stone Oak, insurance companies trust our team when their policy holders experience a water loss.
Feel free to give us a call at (210)-858-9696 to help you get started remediating your mold problem!