Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. This damage can be expensive to remediate in larger situations, so the best defense against mold damage is prevention. If you have a leak that you notice in your home, call SERVPRO of Stone Oak before the mold has an opportunity to grow. If the damage is something that was unnoticed, SERVPRO of Stone Oak has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem quickly and effectively.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (210) 858-9696
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Stone Oak for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Stone Oak has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Stone Oak proudly serves San Antonio, Stone Oak, Timberwood Park, and surrounding areas.